Thursday, September 26, 2013

Latism 2013 Recap!

Now that I am finally settled in to my daily routine I would like to share my experience from this past week at Latism 2013 in NYC! (To be honest, I’m still taking it all in!)

Latism 2013 was AMAZING! It was unlike any other conference I've experienced. From the moment I stepped foot into the Waldorf Astoria I knew I was about to be a part of something huge. The culture, tradition, music, and candela!, as many in attendance described it, definitely made me proud of my Latina roots and of being in attendance. Being in the same room as so many men and women who are truly dedicated to social good has definitely inspired me to continue to work toward social change.

It’s crazy to think that just a few months ago I started my internship with Bloggers of Health and now I was in New York City for one of the biggest Latino Conferences of the year!

The conference concentrated on issues like Literacy, Tech Innovation, Business, Health, Community Outreach, Culture, and Immigration reform. To be surrounded by men and women who are so passionate and full of life was immensely motivating. There is so much love, potential and ganas in the Latino Community and I am very lucky to have been exposed to that.

From left to right: Goldin Martinez, Jackie Gil, Danny Rivero, 
Lupita Riestra (me), Judith Barcelo, Karen Comas 
I feel extremely honored and privileged to have been part of the #FordMillennial panel along with five other individuals who are truly incredible. We were chosen to represent five major cities across the U.S. to share our stories not only as Millennials but as Latinos, who are making a difference in our communities through our work and involvement. I'm looking forward to continue working with my peers and the Ford Millennial movement. 

Gracias Ford en EspaƱol for allowing me to experience this amazing conference as a Ford Millennial Ambassador. And a BIG THANK YOU to @NataschaOS, @BlancaMejia, and Albert Collazo (Director of Hispanic Communications for Ford), for all the support and guidance! 


Amazing Team!

One thing that I have taken with me is that we all have been blessed with the power of choice; YOU are the one who decides what to do and that is something no one can ever take away from you. Whatever it may be, make sure that you do it with passion and consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment